Monday, September 26, 2005

Comments from 'readers'

I haven't had any 'real' comments from readers since I started this blog, but I have had some odd ones that lead to what appears to be advertising sites. For instance there's one that starts off with a comment - quite unrelated to what I'd been writing - about Katrina the hurricane, and then, without pause for breath, goes on about Health recipes, and has a link to a site that's selling, it seems, health recipes.

The next comment I find is actually related to my post - about looters in New Orleans. And does lead to a real blog. But a quote from Dorothy L Sayers is commented on by someone apparently promoting Xenical, and someone else promoting Direct Satellite TV. Very odd.

Sayers seems to attract these advertising gooks: her next quote has someone wanting me to comment on their dog house training tips, and someone else talking about electric scooters and downloading music, all pretty much in one breath.

The next comment is from someone whose site is at least a genuine blog, by the look of it, but rather ironically, in a silly piece I wrote about trousers and underpants, the comment is from someone who's a female Sikh. Hmm.

I wonder what brings these people to my site? Do the advertising ones just troll blogs, leaving their slimy trail behind wherever they go? The genuine bloggers, however, are a bit of a mystery to me. There are so many blogs out there (so many on Blogger itself that by the time I've uploaded my latest guff, I've already been surpassed by enough blogs to cut me out of ever appearing on the most recently uploaded site!) that it's a wonder anyone finds anyone any more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Vanessa Fong and i would like to show you my personal experience with Xenical.

I am 44 years old. Have been on Xanax for 2 days now. Very expensive pills. Doctor didn't tell me about the extremely nasty and embarrassing side effects. I didn't stay on it long enough to see results because I couldn't stand the leakage any longer. However, I'm sure this stuff would have drained every drop of fat from my body if I could just live in the bathroom for six months straight. Now it's being marketed over the counter as ALLI. NOT recommended!!!

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Oily orange discharge & a chemical odor so powerful that my husband could smell it through my clothes (and I was wearing a pad!).

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Vanessa Fong

Mike Crowl said...

Thanks for your comments, Vanessa. Doesn't sound pleasant at all!