Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A little out of kilter

I keep meaning to make a note in here about my theory that the world has shifted its axis just a fraction, or maybe changed its orbit round the Sun infinitesimally, and that that’s the real reason behind all our weather peculiarities. There’s no doubt, in my mind, that the seasons are a good month behind their normal selves. We’ve had two brilliant sunny days over the last three, the sort of weather you get in normal summer. But it’s part way through February. And this has been happening increasingly over the last few years. If I recall, we were still getting very hot weather through to May last year. I doubt if it’s a real explanation, or a particularly scientific one, but I have a sense that it’s more than just our ‘global warming’ theory that seems attractive in some respects but insufficient in others.

No comments: