Saturday, September 03, 2011

Blogger (under Google's management these days) has just update its interface, for the first time in a while.  The last time it did it, I went back to the old interface, because the new one was a bit of a pain.   This post is by way of a test, to see what happens when you try some of the features.
Well, firstly it's saving like billyo.  Ever couple of seconds the save button up the top is flicking on and off, presumably keeping tabs on what I'm writing.
I'm just looking to see what's new...there's something called a 'jump break' which does this...

I'm not even sure what that means, or looks like when it comes out on screen, so we'll have to wait and see.  Nor am I sure at the moment what its purpose is.
The 'insert picture' is the update version which I wasn't too struck on last time I used it, but let's have another look.  

Okay, that works fine, and let's you shift it around the screen without making your text look as though you'd fitted it around it one letter at a time.   This was in the last model which I think I gave up using in part because of some issues with trying to get pictures off your own computer.   Seems to have improved.

The cursor is playing up a little, that's twice it's vanished on me.   It seems to want to keep going back to the beginning of a line, instead of to a new paragraph.

Maybe you have to be a bit more assertive with it...!

Other than this I can't see much else that's changed except for the introductory section, which is full of buttons and bows.

Well, we'll give it a try for a week or two and see how it goes.













No comments: