Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Not making time

Last night I made a weak attempt to impress my readers by showing that I could find out what some audio equipment names meant.  I'm not going to try the same thing tonight, even though Fender bass amps at Musicians Friend are on the menu, as it were.  Fender is a name that actually means something to me, though in a limited sense, as referring to guitars.  But obviously Fender have spread their wings considerably, and far more than musical instruments are part of their manufacturing these days.  Fender's history is quite interesting, and worth reading about if you have the time.

Strictly speaking I don't: I'm supposed to be practicing music for the Junior Singing Competitions here in Dunedin this weekend, practicing some nasty accompaniments to some clarinet music for a young man who'll be turning up to rehearse in the next week or so (I'm subbing for his normal accompanist), reading two books that I'm supposed to review, finishing off the Grimhilda! book, and a host of other things.  And that's apart from what needs to be done around the house in terms of day to day sorting out and maintenance.  Then we have to fit in time to go for a fitness/recreational walk (dog included), catch a bit of a kip, if necessary, and so on.

None of this has anything to do with Fender.

No comments: